Welcoming you back safely: Reopening Wednesday, September 9 at 6:00am.
The Y is monitoring conditions and government orders to prepare a plan to reopen. Our top priority is the safety and well-being of our staff, members and community. Our reopening plan continues to evolve, but here’s what we know currently. Check this page for future updates.
The Y will be reopening September 9, with:
- Modified hours.
- Reduced capacity in the workout areas.
- Spacing between workout machines will be labeled and every other one.
- A health questionnaire and screening will be required by each staff, member or guest before entering the Y.
- The Multi-Sports Complex will remain closed while we continue to serve our community and mission work.
- The Y has been fitted with new hand sanitizer units and sanitary wipes throughout the facility.
- The pools will be open with reduced capacity – only lap swim will be allowed.
- No indoor group exercise will take place until we are given authorization from the State of Michigan. This includes water aerobics.
WHAT TO EXPECT:
- Your safety and health is our top priority
- A mask must be worn at all times per Executive Order 2020-175
- A quick health questionnaire is required before entering the Y
- Social distancing between machines, hallways and the locker rooms will be required
HOW WE’VE CHANGED:
- New hours of operation
- Locker rooms will be open, with capacity limits
- Child Watch will be open, with capacity limits
- The Multi-Sports Complex will remain closed
- Only lap swim will be allowed in both pools
- No indoor group exercise will offered at this time, we will continue to program outside weather permitting.
- Memberships will be automatically flipped on when we reopen
- If you purchased a 3, 6, or 1 year membership, your membership will be automatically extended the five months that we were closed.
- The Front Desk will be answering phone calls beginning Tuesday, September 8 between 10am – 2pm
How will membership services be supported?
- If you purchased a 3 month, 6 month, or 1 year membership your membership will
be extended five months to reflect the timeframe we were closed. This will be done
- Members that pay monthly and were active in March will automatically be turned to
active status and our next draft will be September 24, 2020.
What Do I Need to Know Before I Visit the Y?
You do not need to reserve a time to visit. The Y will be observing social distancing and will be monitoring capacity in all areas. Because the capacity of each Y area has been reduced to adhere to safety guidelines, you may have to wait to enter the Y if we are at capacity when you arrive.
- HEC – 45 people max allowed.
- Wellness Center – 6 people max allowed.
- Strength Studio – 4 people max allowed.
- Studio 1 – 14 people max allowed.
- Studio 2 – 7 people max allowed.
Can I Use Locker Rooms?
Yes and social distancing will be observed at all times and some showers will be out of
commission to adhere to social distancing. No wet or dry saunas at this time.
What are the medical protocols?
Y employees will have temperature checks daily. Members will need to complete medical questionnaire on Covid-19 symptoms and exposure upon check-in to the Y. Anyone reporting recent exposure to Covid-19 or symptoms of fever, cough or sore throat will not be admitted to the Y. Please stay at home if you are not feeling well!
What Should I Bring?
A mask is required at all times per Executive Order 2020-175. You are also encouraged to bring a workout towel and water bottle. Drinking fountains are not in service at this time to reduce the spread of germs.
Do I Have To Wear a Mask?
Masks are required at all times per Executive Order 2020-175
What Amenities are Available?
- Wellness Equipment (Spaced Apart for Social Distancing) in the Health Enhancement Center, Wellness Center and Strength Studio
- Indoor Pools (25-yard pool and Therapy Pool with no more than two per lane)
- Racquetball courts are open for no more than two players at a time.
- Weekly outside classes. Schedules will be posted every Thursday on social media,
- the Y website and inside the Y for reference.
Which Areas Are Temporary Closed?
- The Multi-Sports Center
- Saunas and Steam rooms (full service locker rooms)
- Indoor walking/running tracks (Y in the Sky)
- Group exercise indoor classes
- Group water aerobics classes
- Open swim
- Birthday parties
- Personal Training
Help Us All Stay Safe Checklist
Temperature Checks and Pre-screening
Staff will be required to have daily temperature checks. Members will have to complete a health pre-screen prior to entering the Y.
Wipe Down Equipment
Use the cleaning materials provided. Wipe equipment before and after your workout.
Keep Your Distance
Respect all signs regarding social distancing. Stay at least six feet away from others.
Expect Reduced Capacity
At times of full capacity, you will be asked to wait in a designated area until space is available.
Masks Are Required
Masks are required at all times per Executive Order 2020-175.
Stay Home if You’re Sick
If you are not feeling well, please stay home.
A max of 10 children will be allowed in Child Watch per hour, per day. No
reservations. This is a first come, first serve. See Child Watch hours and requirements.